Offered by: College of Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
Computer engineers apply the theories and principles of physics and mathematics to the design of hardware, software, networks and processes to solve technical problems. The program educational objectives of the Computer Engineering Program are to graduate Computer Engineering students who:
- Are successfully practicing in the Computer Engineering profession with solid theoretical and hands-on knowledge of Circuits, Electronics, Computer Software, Hardware, Control Systems, and Digital System Design.
- Contribute to society through their undergraduate preparation, whether they work in the engineering profession or they decide to pursue an alternate career.
- Pursue personal success by way of ethical and responsible behavior.
- Understand the challenges of a dynamically and globalized changing world and are willing to adapt their skills through continuous learning and self improvement.
- Master effective communication skills to obtain success either working individually or within a team environment.
Hardware design engineers design and develop computer hardware, and embedded systems. Software engineers design and develop software systems for control and automation of manufacturing, business and management processes.
Student Learning Outcomes:
The Computer Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department: 9-407